We may have a long way to go before we feel “normal” again, but there are ways to cope until we get there.
Experts say this year ― from the COVID-19 pandemic to racial injustice ― has led to an unprecedented mental health crisis. And it’s one that many will likely be combatting for years to come. If you’re feeling distressed, lonely, hopeless, anxious or all of the above, you are certainly not alone.
Thankfully, there are some tools that can ease those negative emotions. While these self-care methods certainly aren’t going to completely erase your experiences, they may help in small ways.
Below are some stories on how to navigate this trying time, including mental health resources, advice on dealing with grief, guidance on living with uncertainty, therapists’ tips on anxiety and more.
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.